Industrial Electrician job in the Greater Chicago Area:
Networks Connect LLC is conducting a search for an Industrial Electrician job located in the Greater Chicago Area. You are a qualified candidate for this position if you have a minimum of five (5) years of hands on industrial electrician experience. In this position, 60% of your work will be Electrician work, and 40% will be electronic work. You will read an interpret drawings and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installation. This position will report to the Maintenance Manager.
As the Industrial Electrician, your job duties will include:
- Reading and interpreting drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code NEC specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installation.
- Installing, examining, replacing or repairing electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and electrical components
- Working with 480 3-phase, 277 single phase, 240 and 208 three phase
- Testing electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintaining, repairing, testing and installing electrical motors, generators, alternators, hydraulics, and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Conducting preventative maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- Installing, maintaining and calibrating industrial instrumentation and related devices
- Grounding electrical systems
You are the perfect person if you have:
- Minimum of five (5) years of electrician experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E
- Experience bending conduit from half inch through 2 inch in any of the three types EMT, Ridged and IMC
- Ability to work on a ladder, scissor or snorkel type lift
- Must own tools
- Ability to work in a changing work environment from hot to cold conditions
- Knowledge of industrial control circuits, VFD’s and PLC’s
- Knowledge of explosion-proof conditions is a plus
If you are interested in this Industrial Electrician job, please apply today by submitting your resume. If you are interested in being considered for other jobs, please send an email with your resume to: JobSeeker@networks-connect.com and continue to explore our job postings at www.networks-connect.com . We are excited to be a part of your next career move!