Infrastructure Manager job in Chicago, IL:
Networks Connect LLC is conducting a search for an Infrastructure Manager job located in Chicago, IL. You are a qualified candidate for this position if you have at least five (5) years of SAP Basis and data center leadership experience. In this position, you will oversee the SAP Basis support environment, enterprise applications infrastructure, data center facilities, managed service partners, and support processes for the company application hosting landscape. You will not have direct reports, but you will manage the external data center and the day-to-day activities of the offsite SAP Basis contractors.
As the Infrastructure Manager, your job duties will include:
- Coordinate the design and implementation of the SAP technology stack and associated infrastructure to deliver high availability, reliability, scaleability, and continuous improvement.
- Develop, implement, and manage the life-cycle and road-map for SAP systems and associated technologies, including ECC, BW, BI, Fiori, PI/PO, MS-SQL, and Oracle.
- Monitor, report, and escalate the performance metrics of the outsourced SAP Basis and data center teams, including support services, project consultants, and internal IT support team members.
- Planning, coordination, and communication of SAP upgrades and SAP release changes, including SAP support packages, system copies and the relocation of system landscapes.
- Oversight of day-to-day data center operation and environment monitoring, support and administration of SAP and other enterprise applications.
- Oversee and manage infrastructure team members conducting operations and deployments of server hosts, virtual machines, and computer room environments.
- Assist IT management in prioritizing the infrastructure portfolio, budgets and spending, and business priorities for the plant server room and data center landscapes.
- Communicates and manages project progress, risks, opportunities, and escalation of issues to management and stakeholders.
- Engage stakeholders to resolve complex business problems affecting project and program successes.
- Manage the operations, installations, and logistics of systems in the outsourced data center and the local site computer rooms.
- Development and maintenance of data center policies and Disaster Recovery Plan including coordination of regular DR testing with hosting provider.
- Coordinate root-cause analysis by hosting and service providers and internal IT resources to develop corrective action plans and insure continuous improvement.
- Coordinate patching and updates of the OS, DB, and underlying systems with the data center hosting teams and the internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with other IT Managers to evolve and optimize service level processes and approaches in a globally consistent way.
You are the perfect person if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a relevant IT field
- Master’s degree or MBA a plus
- 2+ years experience managing IT technical staff
- 5-10 years of SAP Basis and data center leadership experience
- Technical experience with Windows Server OS, Linux, Oracle, and SQL
- Ability to research and analyze complex problems, determine root cause and implement corrective action.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
If you are interested in this Infrastructure Manager job, please apply today by submitting your resume. If you are interested in being considered for other jobs, please send an email with your resume to: JobSeeker@networks-connect.com and continue to explore our job postings at www.networks-connect.com . We are excited to be a part of your next career move!