Networks Connect LLC is conducting a search for a Lead Formulation Chemist located in Indianapolis, IN. Our client is the leading contract manufacturer of personal care products for the Midwest, manufacturing everything from shampoo to hairspray to body lotions.
Chemist responsibilities include novel formulation development of personal care liquids, performance evaluation, raw material selection and qualification, sales sample preparation, and technology transfer.
- With guidance from the Manager of R&D, plan & develop new and robust formulations and manufacturing processes.
- When required due to regulation change or opportunity, reformulate products and associated manufacturing processes.
- Develop and publish product support documents.
- Provide technical support as needed to quality and operations. Serve as a technical advisor when needed.
- In collaboration with purchasing, source, and approve new chemicals.
- Continue to research and maintain a working knowledge of industry, regulatory and product trends that support new product development.
- Assure that the lab and handling of all chemicals is done consistent with company safety requirements
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum of a BS in chemistry/biology/engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in R&D/new product development
- Working knowledge of formulation software preferred and ability to learn new systems
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Data Analysis & Report Writing
Your usual work week will be Monday through Friday. Daily hours will be 8 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. each day, with overtime available or required upon occasion. The work week will usually be 40 hours; however, on occasion it will be longer.
If you are interested in this Formulation Chemist job, please apply today by submitting your resume. If you are interested in being considered for other jobs, please send an email with your resume to: JobSeeker@networks-connect.com and continue to explore our job postings at www.networks-connect.com . We are excited to be a part of your next career move.