Networks Connect LLC is conducting a search for a Process Technician job located in Baldwin, MS. Our client provides injection molding and custom plastics solutions to multiple industries including Medical Device, Manufacturing and Automotive.
Job Outline: Under the direction of the Injection Supervisor, this position of responsibility will assist in the manufacturing and processing of plastic wheel assemblies and custom injection molded parts. The principle responsibilities outlined below must be performed in accordance with all applicable regulations, safety guidelines and corporate policies.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Perform complete mold changes efficiently. This will include but not limited to: setting a mold, pulling a mold, color changes, tooling changes.
- Responsible for the training of Lead (Set-up) personnel and the development of set-up procedures. Also, responsible for documentation of set up, equipment layouts and process control of presses.
- This individual will supervise the injection molding department in the supervisor’s absence.
- Perform all paperwork (tagging of gaylords, process sheets, etc.) and operate all equipment associated with the injection department efficiently.
- Responsible for assisting material handler in keeping material and color hoppers full and moving finished product to its respective location (warehouse or Q.C.).
- Responsible for performing all activities in a safe manner and make others aware of unsafe acts or conditions.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and compliance to the quality system (ISO 9001).
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned by the Injection Supervisor.
- Participate in the scrap reduction program. Responsible for identifying and assisting in corrective actions for continuous improvement of scrap reduction.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) years working in the Set-up of injection molding equipment is preferred.
- Good communication with the ability to interface with all departments and visitors
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a timely manner
- Quick learner with high degree of mechanical aptitude
- Self starter
These teams are currently working 12 hour rotating shifts (2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off); 7 AM to 7 PM and 7 PM to 7 AM.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will regularly be required to sit. Occasionally, the person will be required to walk, stand and/or talk or hear.The person will occasionally lift up to 50 to 75 lbs.
This position requires close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on an given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and ability to focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
If you are interested in this Process/Set-Up Technician job, please apply today by submitting your resume. If you are interested in being considered for other jobs, please send an email with your resume to: JobSeeker@networks-connect.com and continue to explore our job postings at www.networks-connect.com . We are excited to be a part of your next career move!