Networks Connect LLC is conducting a search for a Senior Continuous Improvement/Lean Leader located in Columbus, OH. Our client creates structural products building products for companies globally. As a Senior Lean Leader, you will support the Branch by developing, executing and facilitating an enterprise wide lean management system for our four branches. The Senior Lean Leader will collaborate with all key stakeholders to lead and facilitate events and document progress to lean goals.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Coach and teach continuous improvement methodologies and imbeds lean data based thinking into others. Respectfully challenge the status quo and encourages fellow employees to get better every day. (20%)
Develop alignment with Regional & Home Office Lean Team while driving a local lean management system and ensure that all elements such as standardized processes, problem solving and governance are in place to drive sustainable results. (20%)
Utilize value stream mapping and various lean tools to select the right blend of kaizen events, projects and just do it’s that drive business improvement. (20%)
Lead and facilitate lean activities such as kaizen events and lean process reviews, and works with the event or project leader prepares for kaizen events using A3 techniques. (20%)
Develop and execute a lean transformation roadmap for the branches including plant and transactional office improvements. Conduct lean assessments and develop an action plan to address opportunities for improvement. (10%)
Develop metrics and cost tracking mechanisms to quantify safety, quality, cost and cash improvements. (10%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an engineering discipline is required.
- Lean and Six Sigma Black Belt certification is required.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated lean application experience and training at the “Gemba” required.
- 8+ years of demonstrated lean application experience and training at the “Gemba” preferred.
- Process oriented thinker: Focuses on the process more than results. Believes the right process will bring the right results.
- Develop and manage initiatives which identify cost reduction and productivity improvement opportunities. Rigorous and regular deployment of standard Lean problem-solving tools (data analytics/Pareto charting, Fishbone, 5 Why’s, A3, Six Sigma, and Kaizen) to address performance shortcomings and drive rapid process and performance improvement
- Able to drive a culture of accountability throughout the organization by facilitating effective goal development and deployment that aligns with the overall company’s vision and strategy
- Exceptional relationship-building skills: Leads by building relationships and trust. Demonstrates respect for people by creating the mindset that performing waste free work exudes the ultimate respect for fellow employees.
- Lean knowledge: Possesses hands on knowledge in value stream mapping, standard work, pull systems, inventory right sizing and transactional deployment.
- Problem Solver: Is able to solve complex problems using various tools and gets to root cause.
- Communication: Clearly exchanges thoughts, ideas and messages through written, verbal and non-verbal methods that promote an understanding with the target audience. Creates accurate and punctual reports, shares information and ideas with others in a timely manner. Listens carefully and attentively. Engaging and effective presentation and facilitation skills.
- Drives preventative thinking into the application of countermeasures.
- Attention to Detail: Is attentive to detail and accuracy, performs quality work, continuously looks for improvements, finds root cause of problems, owns/acts on problems, seeks opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Analysis/Reasoning: Ability to deal with problems with many variables in standardized and non-standardized situations.
- Ability to Execute: Targets and achieves results, prioritizes and manages tasks effectively, maintains an organized system to monitor progress, overcomes obstacles, and accepts accountability.
- Innovation: Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, pursues ongoing improvements, supports change, and solves problems creatively.
If you are interested in this Senior Continuous Improvement Leader job, please apply today by submitting your resume. If you are interested in being considered for other jobs, please send an email with your resume to: JobSeeker@networks-connect.com and continue to explore our job postings at www.networks-connect.com . We are excited to be a part of your next career move.